Friday, December 21, 2007

chimney

I made it to the tile store in town yesterday, and had a blast going through boxes and boxes of tiles that were left over from past jobs. It was pretty cool. I found a couple of boxes of patterned tile that I know would have cost a fortune otherwise. One big banana box of tile cost $7. I went back for another box today.

I'm not liking what I did yesterday on the sides of the chimney, so I will probably remove those tiles, but I really like how the front is looking. Here's a before picture and a picture of what I have done so far. It will be a bit of a pain to grout, but I might actually do little sections at a time. I know I have gray grout leftover from the kitchen, so I guess I'll use that. It will be good to use it up!

It's a bit hard to see unless you enlarge the picture, but I used some very old little pitcher thingys that I have had since I was a little girl. They used to be one of my favorite possessions ever. I stuck the bottom of the pitchers to the chimney, and I think they will be strong enough to hang gloves or hats on them. Not sure about hanging coats there, but I'm planning on using old mug handles on the other side of the chimney for coats. I think it will be pretty cool!


No comments: