Friday, December 14, 2007



During Thanksgiving break, Doug came over and helped me get started on the living room ceiling. We're using old wood from the goat barn, and it's kind of a pain to handle. Boy, does it look really cool, though. We finished with one section, and have 3 and a half to go. Here's a few shots of what we started doing:



The furnace under the stairs has been left open because I haven't quite been sure what to do with it. Between talking with Doug and Pete, I came up with some ideas. Then it was just a matter of finding some wood that I could use. I was able to convert part of the walls from the boys' potential clubhouse (that Newspaper Dan was going to fix up and live in this summer, only to find out that fixing up really meant building an entirely new building. He scratched that idea, and now some of those wall are living in the house. They like it here.), and I think it looks really good. Some old draft horse harnesses also work to keep it in place. Now when I want to use the furnace, I just have to lift the sections up and away from the furnace. I think it has been on only once this year, so it won't be something that I'll have to do very often. Even so, it isn't that much of a pain. It makes a really big difference in how this place feels!


No comments: