Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Little Guy and Vanna enjoying the sun:



Hey! Happy spring! Woohoo!

We are on spring break, and I am trying to get too much done, I think. So much to do!!! At least it is lovely and warm outside, which makes everything so much easier! I had planned on moving fencing for the turkeys and geese, but when I started to dig it out, I realized that the fencing is buried over a foot deep. That would take me forever. Yikes. So I'll see what else I can come up with. Perhaps even buy some fencing from the feed store, depending on what they have. I'd have to dig out a run for both groups of creatures, but that's the way it goes.

Let's see....Amalia just left today after spending the weekend. It was great having her here! She was so great with all the chicks that came in. I think it was a rough ride for them. It was below zero for one thing, and they seemed pretty packed in their boxes. 2 were dead by the time they got here, and 5 were on death's door. Literally, I can't believe they made it. Amalia held them and did Reiki on them, and sure enough, they have completely recovered. It was nothing short of miraculous, because usually, once the chicks start down a bad path, they don't recover. It was pretty amazing. We did lose a chick tonight, but it was because he got stuck in between the feeder and the edge of the cage. I'm betting he got jumped on. Poor fellow. Rio had a hard time with it. Hopefully the rest will make it through their second night. They are active and making lots of noise, so that's a good thing. Just hoping that they are warm enough in all their kennels with light bulbs shining on them. It sure is warmer in the house with the bulbs on all the time!

Amalia saving the sick chicks:



Vanna, Amalia, Shady:



I decided that I needed my own desk for my writing, as I'll be doing quite a bit of that now. It only took me a few hours, and all that I need to do next is to coat it with resin. Because the wood is pretty rough, resin makes the most sense. The first board on top is over 17 inches wide. Isn't that amazing???

New bedroom desk:



Had a massage today and think I'm already hurting again. Man, between lifting feed bags and building the desk, I'm feeling a bit beat up!

So, time to take Ricoeur and hit the bath! WOohoo, again!!!

Hope you all are well!

No comments: