Saturday, March 29, 2008

oh my god! i see land!!!!

It is miraculous, to be sure. Land. Finally. It has been SO cold here in the mornings, still. Pretty amazing. But slowly and surely, land is finally showing herself. I took these pix this am, and am assuming that there will be a whole lot more showing by the end of this week. Weather forecasts temps in the upper 30s for the coming week, and this is a very nice thing.

Here's Vanna on the future herb garden. I've already got a few herbs that have sprouted from seeds in the house, and am looking forward to planting more. Today I'll plant a couple more flats of an assortment.





Here's the manure pile from the chicken house. I'm going to have to build an insulated little brooder pen inside the chicken house this weekend for the growing chicks. They don't have all their feathers yet, and I certainly don't want to kick them out before that happens, but I think they'll be ready to go in a couple of weeks. They are getting crowded already, and turkeys are due to arrive this week. What a zoo!!

No comments: