Saturday, March 29, 2008

so which did come first--the chicks or the eggs?

Waddlesworth laid her first egg of the season last week. Did I already mention that? Anyway, the ducks have been laying daily as well. This is good news, as I've been questioning why I am feeding creatures who poop too much, eat too much, and make way too much noise. Now I remember! Delicious eggs, with a lot more nutrients than chicken eggs.

Here is a picture of a goose egg compared to a duck egg and then a chicken egg. It's always hard to gauge size, and maybe this will help. All I know is the goose egg fills the small skillet, and has the sweetest taste. Very cool.



I wish this would have turned out better. The chicks are so curious--always wanting out and attention. You know, I really do like chickens. They are pretty cool creatures.






Growing seedlings:



Vanna chilling:

No comments: