Wednesday, April 16, 2008

blizzard and then summer....

all in the same week. You just have to love life in the Keweenaw!!

Last Friday we had a blizzard with 14.5 inches of snow, and yesterday and today the temperature is almost hitting 70 degrees! Woohoo!!! Life is good.

The snow is leaving, Lizzy laid her first egg (after the male turkeys demolished Waddlesworth's nest of 6 goose eggs), and everyone is pretty damn happy to have it so warm.

Lots of work to do this weekend--move the geese and ducks, keep cleaning out barns, cleaning up the yard, planting stuff outside--already, peas, lettuce and spinach. Cool, eh?--tomatoes inside, clean the house, and then write, write, write.

Yep, Neely's got a busy weekend. But it is supposed to be sunny the whole time, and how can I not have energy? Plus, I'm drinking lots of carrot and veggie juice. That always helps.

Oh, only one week of school left for me, so after that, I'll try to do more biking into town. That will take care of triathlon training, save on gas, and then give me the normal work out time to work on my writing or on projects.

Cool! Yay for summer!!

No comments: