Monday, April 7, 2008

chick brooder

So here's a kinda lousy picture of the chick brooder I built on Saturday. I can't say that it is a really sturdy deal, but it works. I just built the frame, put a big pc of foam insulation on top of it, and then have heat lamps underneath. Hopefully, by the time the chicks figure out that they can jump on top of it, they won't need the lamps anymore. The first night most of them slept outside it, but last night, they were all snuggled underneath. I'm so happy they seem healthy. They are growing more already--maybe they are like fish--will grow as much as they have space for. It's an interesting concept, isn't it? In that case, why aren't humans getting smaller??



The farm in April: I pulled away some of the manure from the window planters and see that the garlic is starting to grow! Yay!!! I can't wait to see how quickly it grows. Also planted a mess of peppers inside yesterday. Lots of different varieties. Very exciting!!

No comments: