Monday, May 19, 2008

the turkeys are out and other little things

So we've been working, but I haven't been too great on the taking pictures part. I keep forgetting.

Anyway, Jarvie came out last weekend to help me put the greenhouse up. Except that I can't find the instructions. Yep, that's right. A greenhouse in pieces with no instructions. Yep, I did cuss. And yep, I got over it. So we decided to put in a little garden instead, which you can see below. We put the cabbage and broccoli in. Yep, the geese and ducks ate all the leaves off, and yep, I cussed again. Just a little bit, though. We will be lucky if they make it. But still, it was great fun putting it all together. I totally appreciated the help.



We also finally got the turkey run open yesterday. I've been careful with them as they are sensitive to the cold and wind and I don't want them getting sick. The goats are being butts and trying to eat them and mess up the run fencing, but that's goats for you. Always in everyone else's business, always trying to get to the other side of the fence. Always loving the drama. They are so like humans I can't believe it sometimes. When I look at their "buttness" I can see my own, so I guess that's a good thing!






Benj took these pictures of some of the hens running around. We had a fox come into the yard last night at dusk, right in view of the front door. Vanna chased him away, but I'm thinking it's going to be tricky to keep everyone alive if they are out running around. I'd sure like to have this whole property fenced in so that everyone can run in peace. Wouldn't that be great???



No comments: