Tuesday, July 29, 2008

our white bantam



She's pretty cute, isn't she? When she was in the little coop, she always hid. Now that she is in the big barn, she is starting to get brave. I love to see her out running around.

As of yesterday, I am not letting the chickens run in the front yard, and am forcing them to play out back behind the barn where the new fencing will keep them safe. I have to say that I am a bit saddened by this. I loved going outside and seeing them everywhere. Now when I come in, it's all quiet out front and seems kind of lonely. But they are safer, and I guess that's a good thing. Yes, how great it would be do have this whole place fenced in so they can run wherever they feel like it.

A good reason for controlling their running room is that this way I will be able to find their eggs. I hope, anyway. Who knows where they are laying now? I have no clue. I only know that sometimes I am lucky if I get 8 eggs. And this from 25 laying hens. I'm going to have babies spring up everywhere. Cool! I hope so.

No comments: