Friday, January 4, 2008

dough bowl!

So I finished the dough bowl! It turned out ok, I think, although there is a soft spot that I am a bit worried about. It's the thing with using wood from the property and not really knowing what I'm doing! But it looks cool, and hopefully it will dry without cracking. It is, of course, uneven and square. Sigh....

And what a mess!!! Holy smokes. Not sure what possessed me to do this in the entry way, because now I've got some major cleaning to do. Sometimes I wonder about me. The good news is that I will be able to use the sawdust for the floor in the house. Jessica mentioned I should mix some with glue and press it in between each board. After it's dry, I'll be able to poly the floor. It might actually look clean and we won't get splinters in our bare feet! Woohoo!

And the shavings are really beautiful. Some are even red. Very interesting.

Here's a before and after picture. It was actually easier to carve then the smaller bowls.


No comments: